Friday, October 14, 2011

Best Citi ThankYou Point Redemption Option: Amazon.com Gift Certificates

If you’ve been sitting on some ThankYou points, you should know that Citi likes to put certain redemption options on “sale” from time to time. Right now, you can get a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate for 4,900 points.* That’s even better than the 1 cent per point you’d get on a student loan or mortgage check. Search for “Amazon” under the gift cards category. Here’s a link and a screenshot. It may go in and out of stock, so check back later if you don’t see it right away.

Citi Forward® CardThis is actually a great fit for me, as the primary way I earn ThankYou points these days is with the Citi Forward Card, which earns 5 points for every $1 you spend on restaurants, book stores including Amazon.com, video rental stores, and movie theaters. I have confirmed that all Amazon.com purchases count as a bookstore under their categorization system.

I simply have this card as my default card on my Amazon.com account for the 5x points. You also get 1,000 points for signing up for paperless statements, and 100 points each month just for paying your bill on time and not going over your credit limit. No annual fee. Here are some other good ways to rack up ThankYou points:

* I must note that Citi has apparently decided to vary their redemption ratios depending on what kind of credit card that you use to earn your ThankYou points with. I have a few cards linked to mine, all with no annual fee, so I don’t know what is fancy enough or not. If you see a different value, list your card in the comments. I don’t like this solution at all, if anything they should just offer less points if they want to promote one card over another. Don’t mess with the actual value of a point.

Find more in Credit Cards, Deals & Offers | 10/6/11, 4:40am | Trackback


View the original article here



Fujitsu Computer Systems Corporation

No comments:

Post a Comment